Friday 30 August 2013

High Force in Teesdale

High Force is an impressive waterfall on the Tees river, near Middleton-in-Teesdale, County Durham. I haven't been for nearly 20 years even though its only an hour or so from where I live!

Despite the great summer we have had, there still seemed to be plenty of water to thunder over the falls in spectacular fashion.

I am NOT a very sure-footed person, so clamboring on the rocks with my X Pro1 was not a very graceful experience!

I am finding that I am using manual focus with the peaking function a lot now. I find it really helps, and gives me confidence that I am focusing in the right place, and that I have the depth of field that I am after.

I think the images were worth it though. The people at the top in a couple of the images give a sense of scale.

All taken with the 18-55mm lens, edited in LR4.








No comments:

Post a Comment